For the third episode of the Ohana Improv Podcast I got the chance to pick the brain of Patti Stiles from Australia. She is a widely known improv trainer and actress who made me laugh, think and shiver during this talk.
We cover these topics:
– how she makes improv formats;
– why she prefers crunchy broccoli after soup, when it comes to improv;
– what her turning point in life was (of course it included Keith Johnstone);
and much, much more.
Here are some links of the groups and recourses mentioned in the interview.
- Patti Stiles her own website and blog
- Loose Moose Theatre improv theatre in Calgary, Canada
- Keith Johnstone
- Picnic improv theatre from Colombia
- Mr. Fish and his Spooky Library of the improv macabre video of this dark improv format in 2013
- Impro Melbourne
- Improvention Australian improv festival
- Die Nasty improvised soap opera
- Austintacious improv in the style of Jane Austen
- Parallelogramophonograph improv from Austin, Texas
- The Beau Zeaux British Improvised Comedy
- Smoking sofa improv theatre from Paris, France
- Teatro a Molla improv theatre from Bologna, Italy
- I Bugiardini improv theatre from Rome, Italy